Though this month is very focused on the negative of teen dating. Not all teen relationships involve violence or abuse! Some teen relationships can be very healthy and can encourage a lot of growth for the individuals involved! Haven’t you ever heard of high school sweethearts?? It is absolutely possible! Here are some components to look for in a healthy relationship:
- Consideration (Respect)
These are great things to keep in mind while you are involved in a teen relationship or any relationship! You can run down the list and check “do we have good communication?” or “do we work well with compromise?”. A healthy relationship is one in which:
- Individuals respect each other completely.
- Individuals give, receive, and compromise in equal parts.
- Individuals value one another and allow each other to be themselves without trying to change that individual.
- Individuals support and encourage one another’s goals and ambitions.
- Individuals trust each other and learn to recognize jealous or controlling feelings so that they can work with these feelings in a healthy manner
- Neither individual is afraid of the other.
- Individuals communicate openly and honestly, and both parties feel safe in expressing themselves.
- Individuals share responsibility in decision-making.
- Individuals encourage each other to have friends and activities outside of the relationship.
- Individuals are free to be themselves within the relationship.
National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline
If you or someone you know has been the victim of dating violence, free and confidential help is available 24 hours a day through the National Dating Abuse Helpline. Click Here
In our previous post, we gave practical ways to help physically keep yourself or help keep your...
Whether you are looking for personal safety tips as an experienced adult or whether you are...
Daily Hype joined the Damsel Protect & Fortify Wellness Line two years ago and has been a...