Christmas trees, holiday decorations, cooking, and baking make the holidays fun but also contribute to an annual increase in U.S. home fires during the winter months. In fact, Christmas Day and Christmas Eve are among the leading days of the year for home fires!
We want you to have a carefree holiday season, so here are some helpful home safety tips to keep in mind!
- Keep lit candles away from real trees, wreaths, and garlands.
- Keep poisonous sweets and chocolates away from pets.
- Keep your tree away from fireplaces, radiators, and other heat sources.
- Make sure your tree has a stable platform so it doesn’t tip over.
- Choose an artificial tree that is labeled flame-resistant.
- Burglary rates are high around the holidays, make sure to stage your home with personal protection products like the Step Off or a Sock It Slim!
- If you have a real tree, make sure you water it regularly.
- Turn off all tree lights and decorations when not in use.
- NEVER drink and drive or allow others to drink and drive after holiday parties!
- Keep an eye out for toys that come with small parts that can be choking hazards.
We hope you and your loved ones have a very merry holiday season full of fun and safety!
Don’t have a PRO to shop with? We can help you find one!
In our previous post, we gave practical ways to help physically keep yourself or help keep your...
Whether you are looking for personal safety tips as an experienced adult or whether you are...
Daily Hype joined the Damsel Protect & Fortify Wellness Line two years ago and has been a...