Human trafficking is often a crime that takes place right in front of people, in plain sight. It is important to be aware of and know some of its warning signs.
- Avoiding eye contact, social interaction, authority figures/law enforcement.
- Appearing destitute/lacking personal possessions.
- Poor physical or dental health.
- Not allowing people to go into public alone, or speak for themselves.
- Appearing malnourished.
- Lacking official identification documents.
- Seeming to adhere to scripted or rehearsed responses in social interaction.
- Untreated sexually transmitted diseases.
- Living at a place of employment.
- Working excessively long hours.
These warning signs are adapted from information from the National Human Trafficking Resource Center and Innocents at Risks.
In our previous post, we gave practical ways to help physically keep yourself or help keep your...
Whether you are looking for personal safety tips as an experienced adult or whether you are...
Daily Hype joined the Damsel Protect & Fortify Wellness Line two years ago and has been a...